is the map to keep our research on track. Here is my outline of key words. First I scanned for the V.I.P.‘s. Next I checked the model for additional ideas. Compare it to your homework.
1. Plan – revise (work in progress)
- topic, questions,
- information sources
- audience, communicate product
- indicators, establish criteria
- locate, collect information
- select, useful
- establish focus
- formulate questions (helps stay relevant)
- identify connections, patterns, and gaps
- extend (add)
4. Create and share
- draw conclusions, answer questions
- product, present (suitable)
- revise, edit
- create and share
*5. Reflect (do throughout, 1-4)
- improve, changes
- monitor, learning, feeling
Remember, we don’t need to use the same key words!
Adapted from Our Canada: Origins, Peoples, Perspectives (textbook, Nelson)
For more information about inquiry learning, visit our wiki to watch an excellent video by Calgary Science School.